Credit: iHuntFit’s Jeff Moran
1 lb ground meat (Beef/deer/elk)
3 minced garlic cloves
1 cauliflower head
1/2 can coconut milk
1/2 cup shelled edamame (or chopped carrots)
1 cup broccoli
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp cracked pepper
1 tsp olive oil
• To start, chop cauliflower head into quarters, chop and remove large chunks of stem. Place cauliflower in blender and run until cauliflower is rice grain size.
• Put olive oil in a pan on med/high heat; throw in garlic for 1-2 minutes; then add ground meat and cook until brown.
• While meat is cooking, make sauce, add brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, pepper flakes and pepper into a small saucepan. Cook on medium heat until brown sugar is dissolved.
• Add sauce to browned meat and simmer low heat while preparing rest of meal.
• In medium saucepan, put cauliflower rice and half can of coconut milk and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, until coconut milk fully absorbed by cauliflower rice.
• While cooking cauliflower rice, use steamer pot or medium pot to steam or light boil edamame (carrots) and broccoli until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
• Place cauliflower rice in a bowl, 1 cup equals a serving, add a serving of ground meat (4-6 ounces) on top and then add broccoli and edamame/carrots on top.