- 2 pounds stew meat (any clean variety will do)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 4 cups fresh green beans cut into 2 inch lengths
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 or 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 to 4 red beets cut into cubes
- 2 cups beef bone broth
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- salt, pepper, garlic, basil or your favorite Feast Mode flavor
In large stock pot, brown meat and onion for a few minutes. Add the rest of ingredients. Simmer for an hour or more. Or put all into slow cooker and let it cook while you are at work. The longer it cooks the better.
Right before serving. Thicken stew broth with 1 table spoon corn starch dissolved in 1 cup beef broth. Pour over stew and bring it to a boil until thickened.
Can be a meal in itself or served over rice.
This is a great way to use up vegetables in the back of the refrigerator.
I chopped up zucchini spirals that needed cooking and tossed them in the pot as well.