Eggplant Quinoa Bake
- 1 Eggplant, peeled and sliced (1/4 inch thick slices)
- 1 Tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 Cup quinoa (measured before cooking)
- 1 Cup fresh spinach chopped
- 1 Cup mushrooms chopped or slice
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg whites
- 1 1/2 all natural marinara sauce
- 1/2 Cup plus 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese (optional)
- 3/4 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Spread sliced eggplant on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake 15 minutes in 350 degree oven until tender.
- Cook quinoa on stove top in pan. With 1 cup of water. Bring it to boil. Cook for 15 minutes. Cover let sit.
- Combine in bowl, eggs, egg whites, spinach, mushrooms, 1/2 cup ricotta cheese, and cooked quinoa.
- Spread 1/2 marinara sauce on bottom of 9×9 baking pan. Cover with a single layer of egg plant.
- Spread quinoa mixture over eggplant. Sprinkle with 1/2 mozzarella cheese.
- Add final layer of eggplant.
- Cover with remaining marinara sauce.
- Drop small amounts of remaining ricotta cheese on top and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Or until center is set.