Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice
Have a craving for Asian food? This fried cauliflower rice with chicken is a perfect fix!
- 2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup (1 large) diced carrot
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 cup asparagus, cut up small ( optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced or ginger paste
- 2 boneless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce divided
- 1 tablespoon chili paste or Sriracha
- 1 pound riced cauliflower ( about 4 cups)
- 3 large eggs
1. Heat oil in large frying pan or wok over medium heat.
2. Add onion, carrots, celery and asparagus.
3. Fry stirring often until onion is transparent.
4. Add garlic, ginger and chicken.
5. Cook 2-3 minutes until chicken in no longer pink.
6. Add cauliflower to mixture in skillet.
7. Season with 3 teaspoons soy sauce and Sriracha.
8. Stir well. Cook for 3-4 minutes until cauliflower has softened.
9. Push cauliflower rice mixture to 1/2 of pan.
10. Crack eggs into the empty 1/2, stir to scramble.
11. Season with 1 teaspoon soy sauce.
12. When eggs are cooked through, stir them into the chicken-cauliflower rice.
(I use Bragg Liquid Aminos instead of soy sauce. It has no preservatives and less sodium than soy sauce. Tastes the same. Makes me feel that much healthier